The Engagement and Diffusion team has a growing database of Trust registered volunteers that are looking for volunteer placements across the Trust.
Patient Research Champions can help your team with the following types of roles:
- By becoming a member of a research advisory group, working with researchers to advise them on their research projects (helping to design and deliver better quality research, helping to develop understandable information sheets for people taking part in research or helping to make sure the research is reported in an understandable way).
- Representing research at patient panels and patient group meetings – for example, presenting patient experience stories, highlighting the positive impacts of research, supporting researchers to capture their trial patient stories.
- Ensuring information about clinical research taking place within our hospitals is displayed in places patients and visitors to our hospitals are most likely to see it (e.g. displaying leaflets, posters and/or banners in waiting rooms and reception areas).
- Meeting and greeting trial participants when they come in for appointments; bringing them refreshments; keeping them company.
- Promoting research campaigns such as ‘International Clinical Trials Day’ and ‘I Am Research’ in hospitals, through social media, or at events.
- Helping out at research events such as meeting and greeting guests or setting up information stands.
- Creating research newsletters to keep trial participants and other stakeholders informed of progress.
- Sending thank you cards to study participants.
- Helping to conduct interviews for research staff by being part of an interview panel.
Here is the full Patient Research Champion role description [PDF 449KB]
If you would like to work with a Patient Research Champion, please read the Patient Research Champion Handbook [PDF 1,385KB], complete this Patient Research Champion request form [DOC 1,835KB] and send it back to the Engagement and Diffusion team: email@example.com
If you have any queries or would like to discuss further, please call the Engagement and Diffusion team on 020 7363 8923 or email firstname.lastname@example.org