The RSU is a dedicated support service established to help researchers with their sponsorship, ethics and other regulatory applications and approvals. It is a voluntary service offered to those who need help navigating the system and is not compulsory to the approval process. Our aim is to help you submit timely and high quality applications.
Please note the RSU does not issue approvals (sponsorship or site). Receiving RSU help is not a substitute for site approval or sponsorship but is available as pre-application support for those who choose to use the service.
- advice on applications for sponsorship, ethics (REC) and other regulatory bodies
- advice on which approvals are required
- advice on study type and definitions of research
- IRAS form assistance
- guidance on application documents
- guidance on the order of applications and navigating the approvals system
- guidance on internal approvals
QMUL Ethics of Research Committee
For further information about the QMERC, including the application and approvals process, please click here.
RSU generic email account: email@example.com
Hazel Covill, Queen Mary Research Ethics Facilitator (Mondays to Thursdays)
Tel: Mondays and Wednesdays (Mile End) 020 7882 7915; Tuesdays and Thursdays (Whitechapel) 020 7882 6947
Patrycja Pysz, Research Approvals Advisor
Tel: 020 7882 8982