In 2016 the following categories were competed for and awards made:
Innovation of the Year Award
This award is for an innovative idea that can be developed into a product (e.g. an app, device or diagnostic test).
- Winner: Alison Thomson and Gavin Giovannoni
- Runner up: Gareth Parkes
- 3rd place: Mevan Gooneratne
‘Dragons’ Den’-Style Competition Award
This award was open to candidates who pitched their innovations to a panel of industry experts.
- Winner: Agron Hoxha, Mangala Patel, David Gillam
- Runner up: Mevan Gooneratne
- 3rd place: Malcolm Finlay
Service Improvement Award
This award was open to all ideas that represent a service improvement within NHS:
- Winner: Simon Donnelly, Hasan Tahir, Rebecca Adshead
- Runner up: Andrea Leigh, Adolescent Steering Group Team (Lucy Wootton, David Kovar, Sherry Manning, Tara Shea, Anna Riddell, Ellie Lloyd, Ghislaine Stephenson, Michelle Johnson, Kirsty Webb-Wood, Tracy Oakden, Christine Reaveley, Jane Hawdon, Melissa Mathews), Barts Health Youth Empowerment Squad (Theo, Lexie, Dena, Nabila, Adam, Mathew, Katie, Shamsa)
- 3rd place: The Cryoablation team at Whipps Cross Hospital
Collaboration Award-Barts Health and QMUL
The award was made to collaborating teams/ researchers from Barts Health and QMUL developing their innovation in collaboration. This could be for a commercial idea or service improvement.
- Winner: Divyen Shah and Ping Yip
- Runner up: Angray Kang, Sharmilee Gnanapavan, David Baker, Gavin Giovannoni, Tahshin Rahman, Farida Fortune
- 3rd place: Mohamed Thaha and Hasan Shaheed
For further information about these awards or future plans please contact Dr Natasa Levicar: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7882 3792.